Key Incentives for Companies Considering Rockland County, NY
For key personnel contacts at agencies offering these incentives, contact Jeremy L. Schulman, President & CEO at REDC, firstname.lastname@example.org or 845-735-7040.
Rockland County Industrial Development Agency (IDA)
The Rockland IDA offers incentives that might be available to eligible projects. For more detail about applicable incentives and to determine if a project is eligible for consideration, please contact the Rockland IDA.
CONTACT: Steve Porath, Executive Director
845.335.4492 | email@example.com
New York State Incentives (ESD)
Empire State Development (ESD) is New York State’s chief economic development agency and provides a range of different incentives.
The Consolidated Funding Application (CFA) is a single online application providing access to resources from numerous agencies and programs. A small sample of incentive programs offered by ESD includes:
- The Excelsior Jobs Program
- ESD Regional Council Capital Fund
- Empire State Economic Development Fund
- Urban & Community Development Program
- Industrial Development Bond Cap
- Environmental Investment Program
- START-UP NY
CONTACT: Meghan Taylor, Regional Director
845.567.4882 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Orange & Rockland Utilities, Inc. (O&R)
O&R Offers and Economic Development Incentive Rate (EDR). This incentive provides a 20% discount off normal delivery rates for new or expanding business customers. Customers qualify if they are adding at least 65kW demand to the electric system and obtain an energy efficiency audit by NYSERDA or an independent qualified energy efficiency firm. O&R also offers generous incentives and turn-key options for energy efficient upgrades (ie. lighting, refrigeration, HVAC, energy management systems, variable speed drives and more) for business. For example, businesses under 110kW may recover upgrade costs in less than a year resulting from lower energy bills.
CONTACT: Deborah Patterson, Economic Development Director
845.577.2498 | email@example.com
Rockland County Career Center
The Rockland County Career Center is a collaborative endeavor that brings together employers and job seekers, providing a comprehensive, one-stop approach to career exploration, job training and employment searching.
Center services are provided free of charge and the center is staffed with employment professionals from several private and public entities including the New York State Department of Labor. The Center provides job seekers with the tools for job search and provides employers with facilities, training and workforce support. An example of services offered are:
- Hiring services are free of charge.
- Workforce training can be customized to meet the individual needs of business customers in classroom or other settings.
- On-the-Job training can be provided at the employer’s workplace for new employees needing specialized attention.
- Identifies trends and demand occupations to ensure that your company maintains a skilled and effective workforce.
Rockland’s one-stop employment and training resource center is located on the Haverstraw and Suffern campuses of Rockland Community College.
Rockland SCORE is here to assist you to successfully manage the world of small business operation and ownership. Our clients represent a broad range of individuals and businesses.
We work with:
- Owners of existing small businesses.
- Individuals looking to change careers and start their own business.
- Not for Profit organizations.
- People looking to stay active, focused, and enjoy additional income.
- Anyone who wants to know more about the world of small business ownership.
Our mission is to help our clients:
- Understand the world of small business operations and the criteria for success.
- Develop business plans to assess the reality and risks associated with their business idea and operations.
- Serve as an on-going mentor as they move forward with their plans and activity.
Private, confidential, and free mentoring sessions are held Monday thru Friday at various locations throughout Rockland County. Appointments may be made on-line through our website at www.rockland.score.org. If necessary, you may also schedule a counseling appointment by calling the Rockland SCORE Office (845-426-1206) at any time and leaving a message with your name and phone number.
Rockland SCORE is part of a volunteer, non-profit national organization and a resource partner with the US Small Business Administration (SBA). Rockland SCORE is staffed with volunteers from a variety of business backgrounds and are dedicated to assisting clients start their own business or helping those already in business.