Make Government Your Customer.
The Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) provides free resources to businesses interested in, or currently selling their products/services to local, state or federal government agencies.
Why Sell To The Government?
- The U.S. Government is the largest purchaser of goods and services in the world.
- The federal government buys over 17 million different commercial items.
- The federal government pays net 30 days after it receives an accurate and complete invoice.
- Federal government spending is approximately $300 – $500 billion each year.
- 25% percent of federal spending is set aside for small businesses.
- $40 billion spent by New York State on products and services each year.
- Government small business programs for businesses that are: Minority and Women owned, Veterans/Services-Disabled owned, & companies located in Historically Underutilized Business zones.