Make Government Your Customer.
The Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) improves a business’ chance of success when it chooses to market and sell to the U.S. military, other federal agencies, state and local government and their prime contractors.
Why Sell To The Government?
- The government is an ideal vehicle to open another channel through which to sell a product or service.
- The U.S. Government is the largest purchaser of goods and services in the world.
- The federal government buys over 17 million different commercial items.
- The government pays its bills.
- The federal government pays net 30 days after it receives an accurate and complete invoice.
- The federal government spends approximately $300 – $500 billion each year depending on the budget. Twenty-five percent of that is set aside for small businesses.
- New York State spends approximately $40 billion in products and services each year.
- Governments – federal and state – have special programs to help small businesses in various categories such as minority and women owned, financially and culturally disadvantaged, veterans/services-disabled owned, companies located in Historically Underutilized Business Zones.
- Government can be a reliable, continuous source of business.
If you are not sure if the government buys what you sell, contact us.