Make Government Your Customer.
The Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) provides resources for businesses to sell their products or services to government agencies, on local, state and federal levels.
Why Sell To The Government?
- The U.S. Government is the largest purchaser of goods and services in the world.
- The federal government buys over 17 million different commercial items.
- The government pays its bills.
- The federal government pays net 30 days after it receives an accurate and complete invoice.
- The federal government spends approximately $300 – $500 billion each year depending on the budget. 25% percent of that is set aside for small businesses.
- New York State spends approximately $40 billion in products and services each year.
- Governments – federal and state – have special programs to help small businesses in various categories such as Minority and Women owned, Veterans/Services-Disabled owned, companies located in Historically Underutilized Business zones.
If you are not sure if the government buys what you sell, contact us.